Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Trezo Vino Remix

New menu and concept have changed the world for Trezo Vino. Underwhelmed by my former visits, I was not a regular patron. But when I heard that Colby and Megan Garrelts were refreshing the menu, I had to give it a try. What a change! The selections are lovely. We had a spectacular beef carpaccio, a duo of bruschetta, PEI mussels, chitarra, and seared scallops.

The chitarra was incredible. The meatballs were moist and flavorful, and the sage was perfectly balanced in the dish. I also highly recommend the chèvre and peperonata bruschetta. Happy hour is a great value as well!

All I can say is what a fantastic change. From here on out, you will be needing reservations unless you eat in the bar. Splendid!

5/5 stars

I don't know whether it is the spirit of Christmas causing me to love so many restaurants right now, or KC chefs are really stepping up their game. Either way, it is a great time to be hungry in KC!

Trezo Vino Wine Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment