Friday, February 25, 2011

Blooming in the Winter

Bloom Baking Co. is probably my worst kept secret. I rave about it everywhere I go. I'm worried that my own ravings won't be enough - as it is rarely busy. However, the cupcakes are fantastic. The large size is the best value in my opinion.

The Berry one is my favorite. Today, I had a light chocolate cupcake with a marscapone based frosting. The frosting was light, and not too sweet - really perfect.

I've tried almost all of the cupcakes, and you can't really go wrong. Out of the probably 15 cupcakes I've tried, probably only one of them was a bit dry. My advice would be to ask which came out of the oven most recently. The macaroons are also lovely.

I also learned today that they are now serving sandwiches! I'll be back soon to try one. Please give this place a visit if you are at the city market for lunch. I would love to see their business flourish. The owners are kind, attentive, and really help educate you on their products and make you feel welcome. And their products are refined, well edited, and delicious.

$19.50 for three large cupcakes and a cappuccino

4.5/5 stars

Bloom Baking Co. on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment