Friday, February 25, 2011

Blustery Day at Carollo's

It seems that recently I have been attracted to Italian delis. I ordered my favorite menu item - an Italian trio. This time the #1 - Naples style with giardiniera. Carollo's version is probably the most authentic to what I remember receiving in Italy.

I typically order the #2, which is also delicious. The meats are perfect. The atmosphere isn't much, but it is a pleasure to browse the aisles admiring the beautiful tins of olive oil, and drooling over the stuffed peppers, and beautiful italian dessert treats.

Carollo's is probably my favorite sandwich between Pandolfi's and Johnny C's. The staff is quick, efficient and attentive - though not extremely friendly.

It is also a bit unclear how to go about your ordering process. Here's a quick summary - visit the sandwich counter. Get someone's attention and order your sandwich. If you want anything special on it, such as peppers, etc. you need to ask. They won't ask you! All the sandwiches come with Lays potato chips, which they will hand you. Grab an Orangina or San Pellegrino. Then, go ASK FOR A CANNOLI and pay.

You won't be sorry ... my entire meal is affordable, delicious, and a pure delight.

$7.85 for a sandwich, chips and San Pellegrino
5/5 stars

Carollo's Italian Deli on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment