Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy Gillis Makes Me Happy

I find myself at Happy Gillis Cafe in Columbus Park nearly once a week these days. Yesterday I had a perfect butternut squash soup with chorizo. I wished I had bought three cups of it. The only fault I would give the restaurant is that it is too small. So every time I go, I tend to go by myself and get takeout, because I don't like to risk bringing friends and ending up not being able to get a table. This is especially a concern on Fridays.

But regardless, I've never had a bad meal here. They seem to appeal to my eating sensibilities, and even carry Republic of Tea iced teas - which are my favorite. Try the meatloaf sandwich, the chicken salad sandwich, the arugula sandwich - try them all!

In my humble opinion, there is no better way I could spend $15 than at Happy Gillis for lunch.

5/5 stars

Happy Gillis Café & Hangout on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment