Monday, January 17, 2011

Solid Dining at Bristol Seafood Grill

Last night I had my probably hundredth dining experience at Bristol Seafood Grill.  We were given the semi-private room off the bar, which was ideal for my daughter, as she could play happily in the corner without bothering other patrons or the wait staff. 

I ordered the cioppino.  The dish was solid, with a lovely sauce, and healthy portions of several kinds of fish, mussels, clams, and perfectly cooked scallops.  I did however get several bites that were overpowered with tarragon.  But for the most part the dish was strong. 

The atmosphere was nice, as Bristol has a live band in the bar every Sunday evening.  They rotate between two bands, who alternate Sundays.  Because we had a wall in between us and the bar, the sound wasn't overwhelming.  It was really nice to hear live music.

My lovely daughter enjoyed a peppery dish of sweet potatoes, and guzzled spoons of lobster bisque.  She seems to be liking richer, and more full flavored dishes these days.  I even tried some spoons of the cioppino sauce.  Though the sauce is on the milder side, it does have a bit of spice.  The little one loved it as well (I can only assume she didn't get one of the particularly tarragon filled bites)!

All in all it was a very nice evening.  Though I will say I did NOT enjoy the Merlot selected! 

Bristol never fails to supply an enjoyable meal.  Seafood in the Midwest is no small feat. 

And the crab cakes are the best you can find in the city.

4/5 stars

Bristol Bar & Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment