Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hidden Lunch Gem

Johnny C's is a go to lunch spot for me. I regularly order way too much food. Today, I ordered the italian trio, which is a trio of italian meat, tomato, onion, cheese, italian dressing and mustard on a soft italian roll. Order it hot for the perfect sandwich. I rounded out my lunch with macaroni salad and cannoli. All this, with chips and a large iced tea for $14. You can't beat the value, and the food is delicious. It has to be fresh because of the bustling lunch business they do.

Other favorites on their menu are the mostacolli with spicy meat sauce and meatballs, and the tomato salad (which is only available on certain days - Wednesday or Thursday I believe). In fact, I love the tomato salad so much that my friends have bought me bottles of their zesty tomato salad dressing for my birthday!

Although there is nothing particularly unique here, it is hearty, satisfying and delicious. The service is friendly and fast. And frankly, I don't think you can find a better italian sandwich in the city.

$14 for sandwich, macaroni salad, chips, and large iced tea

4/5 stars

Johnny C's Deli on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment